Work closely with Lead to help develop a specified look for 3D characters, vehicles, sets, and props based on 2D concepts
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 05, 2022
Texture Painting and Shader Development. Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in specified style to match the Look of Star Trek: Prodigy. The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with their own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful, have impeccable communication skills, and work well within a team.
- Work closely with Lead to help develop a specified look for 3D characters, vehicles, sets, and props based on 2D concepts.
- Create shaders, textures, and procedural networks.
- Review UV’s for texturing when needed.
- Technical and aesthetic quality checks of partner studio work.
- Must have a portfolio and online demo reel that demonstrates texture painting skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in television, commercials, gaming, or feature film industries.
- Expert knowledge within Maya and Substance Suite and/or Mari.
- Excellent artistic, painting, and texturing skills.
- Understanding of UV layout and principles.
- Ability to create high quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (normals, roughness, transparency, SSS, etc).
- In-depth understanding of color theory and application.
- Understanding of the CG Pipeline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
- Must be flexible enough to deal with changing role requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and self-driven.
- UV unwrapping skills a plus
- Experience with Shotgun, Mari node graph workflow, ZBrush, and Redshift all a plus
- Basic knowledge of modeling and lighting a plus
- Prior experience with outsourcing a plus