CNN Health is looking for an experienced health journalist with strong newsgathering abilities and leadership skills.
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 15, 2021
The senior editor must be a collaborative team player who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms. You will be responsible for spotting, chasing, assigning and reporting out health editorial to all CNN platforms.
- You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
- As a senior editor on the Health team, you must be able to identify strong stories and assess whether they meet CNN's journalistic standards.
- You are able to move fast to confirm, communicate and collaborate when news breaks in order to ensure all CNN platforms have the information needed to report the latest editorial on major news stories of the day.
- An experienced writer, this senior editor can create content for internal guidance and awareness, and to air/publish externally on all CNN platforms.
- The senior editor should have the ability to support reporter and producer teams working in a bureau or the field, and clearly communicate editorial and logistical information between the team, newsgathering, shows and digital.
- The senior editor moves swiftly when assigned, but also acts independently to pursue news priorities.
- BA/BS in journalism or extensive on-the-job experience
- 8+ years' experience in news environment at a major network, local station or website
- TV/digital writing experience is a must
- Previous experience as an assignment editor preferred
- Strong logistical and organizational skills
- Comfortable with shaping and copy-editing text stories in AP style
- Able to make fast, informed decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be willing to work evening and/or weekend hours
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands