TEGNA is looking for an experienced, news-hungry, social-savvy, data-driven SENIOR DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER with strong storytelling skills and a mobile-first mindset to join our Central Content Team, which publishes national and trending content for TEGNA’s 63 stations.
Portland, Oregon Area
Apr 27, 2022
The Senior Digital Content Producer will maintain the top stories of the day and create and curate shareable content for TEGNA stations. This person should react quickly to breaking news and social trends and actively listen to the content needs of our larger group. You need to be based in any of our TEGNA markets, preferably near one of our West Coast stations including Phoenix, San Diego, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Spokane or Boise.
The Senior Producer will also work with the Digital Content Manager to create content plans for daily news and major events, develop ongoing projects and assist with the growth of the content team through training and feedback.
The person in this role will primarily be working weekday nightside shifts from 5pm-2am Eastern.
- React quickly to breaking news and trends
- Maintain a daily budget of top national and trending stories
- Author engaging short and long-form articles
- Use social listening and SEO trends to discover unique stories
- Create and edit made-for-platform videos
- Use data/social analytics to inform content decisions
- Produce social posts for station branded pages
- Create and execute multi-platform content plans for major events and projects
- Manage and curate third party content
- Help stations find and share the best content across TEGNA
- 3-5 years in digital journalism preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Fluency with digital/social analytics tools
- Previous experience with online CMS (WordPress, BlogSpot, Wix, etc)
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Solid editorial and social media judgement
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Basic image and video editing skills strongly preferred
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, including nightside and weekend shifts
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.