The WDI Music Studio oversees music creative direction and music production worldwide for all WDI attractions, resorts, cruise lines, and Disney Live Entertainment productions. Functions as music “vision-keeper” for the project team.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 17, 2023
The WDI Music Studio oversees music creative direction and music production worldwide for all WDI attractions, resorts, cruise lines, and Disney Live Entertainment productions. Additionally, it provides creative music support for significant DPEP Marketing efforts. The WDI Music Studio will help unify, clarify and maintain the music “vision” across all areas of Imagineering, partnering closely with all stakeholders throughout TWDC.
The Senior Creative Director Music will report to the Executive Digital & Media Production Studio. This is a Full-Time Role.
What You Will Do:
- Functions as music “vision-keeper” for the project team. Communicates, inspires, recommends decisions that drive the project forward, and maintains project intent among all team members. Drives the music development/creation/production and evolves as necessary to maintain and deliver the intended experience.
- Manages and supervises music production, specifically the music creative processes from initial brainstorm/blue sky through final installation and including, post-production/post deliverables (clarifying creative objectives, developing and maintaining budgets, casting, writing, revisions, exec reviews, rehearsals, recording, mixing, venue mixing, final delivery, archiving, cue sheets, music release coordination etc.) including production team, senior WDI and DPEP leadership.
- Oversees and manages music research & development, requiring current knowledge/awareness of classic and contemporary music: music producers, songwriters, artists, arrangers, film and theatre composers.
- Creates and presents project materials to internal and external audiences to communicate concept, musical content and status.
- Creates and manages productive business relationships in complex environments.
- Creates, monitors and updates budgets and schedules for music deliverables in coordination with WDI and DLE Production teams as well as all local Parks’ production crews/functional leadership.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Works collaboratively, and often with daily interaction with senior executives and industry professional experts.
- Consistent, dependable, and accurate in carrying out responsibilities to a successful conclusion, in a self-directed manner.
- Must be able to suggest the casting of talent - making independent recommendations, especially when developing creative direction for projects in tandem with Creative Leader, Music Studio Executive, and Music Producer.
- Must be able to research, source professional recommendations from various partners (music legal, casting, character voices, labor, etc.) and provide clear evaluations and recommendations to partners.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight of leader/s while being open to suggestions, feedback, incorporating notes and strategies.
- Accurately conveys logistical and creative feedback - demonstrates strong follow through on managing revisions as needed, including basic re-mixing, editing and misc. recording.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international as required.
- Minimum 7-10 years working in music production, performance, or development.
- Has demonstrated excellence in completion of projects of moderate and advance scale and complexity.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in all aspects of music production, score production, music project management and how it relates to complimentary and competing elements including efx, media, audio, etc.
- Champions the WDI core values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- BA/BS/MFA in Music, theatre, music production, music composition, music editing, film, interactive entertainment, or related fields preferred.
The hiring range for this position in California is $135,000.00-$175,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week.