Flex: Type Hybrid. The Senior Concept Artist creates concept art for visual effects in feature films and television.
London, United Kingdom
Jul 14, 2022
Works as part of a team of artists helping to create artwork that adheres to a specific design or “look” of a show.
What You'll Do
- Creation of conceptual artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts.
- Understand and action briefs from clients and supervisors.
- Able to break brief down into individual components with little supervision.
- Demonstrates a strong eye for colour, composition, perspective and lighting.
- Demonstrates a high level ability to work on pre-production development work as well as VFX concept art.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of a shot or brief, proactively offers options and finds solutions for production problems.
- Liaise with art department leadership to ensure highest quality of work is delivered.
- Ensures work is done according to specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creative team of a show.
- Implements any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork.
- Organising day-to-day activities and managing time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Actively participates in dailies and transmissions.
What We're Looking For
- Experience in producing Concept Art for VFX/Feature films.
- Experience or knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition.
- Portfolio required.
- Developed “eye” and strong aesthetic.
- Fundamental skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to go from quick sketches all the way through to photoreal.
- Proven experience creating feature film quality environments, hard surface, and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards.
- Ability to work closely with Art Department leadership and within a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
- Strong understanding how their work fits into the pipeline and it’s affect on upstream and downstream departments.
- Proficiency in design software required.
- Ability to work in both 2D and 3D (eg. Photoshop, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, 3D-Coat, Keyshot, Octane).
- Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team.