The Senior Animator will be responsible for animating and managing projects as well as project resources for learning content aimed at young children ages 2-6.
Greater Los Angeles Area, Greater New York City Area
Jul 11, 2022
Learning content includes streaming video, mobile games, and other interactive experiences.
- Responsible for 3D and 2D animation work. Typical projects involve Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects to build character animation and motion graphics animation.
- Lead small teams of animators crafting content that includes linear short form and interactive games.
- Create content and tell stories using character rigs from original Noggin IP and existing Nickelodeon IP characters (such as Paw Patrol, Blaze & The Monster Machines, and Baby Shark as examples).
- Work with scripts to give creative feedback on how to develop the project from storyboards through blocking, rough animation, and refined animations.
- Excel at the craft of animation, applying principles of animation, and principles of filmmaking, such as continuity, clarity, appeal, acting and emotions within their work.
- Senior Animators are responsible for communicating what is feasible in a project’s timeline.
- Attend production check-ins & creative weeklies as well as lead small animation team meetings with their project peers.
- Collect work from the small animation team to share for review
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Producers, CG Artists, and Designers to craft effective visual storytelling and educational narratives for the preschool audience of kids 3-6 years old.
- 2-4 year degree in computer arts or animation production.
- 5+ years working as a 3D character animator on movies, commercials, promotional content, at a network, brand, studio or agency.
- Keyframe Animation for characters in Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects. Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects. Puppet and traditional animation Harmony and Flash/Animate a plus. Nuke compositing a plus.
- Experience in Animation Production & Post Production
- Understanding of Maya 3D character rigging, modeling, shading, lighting
- Experienced in After Effects visual effects and composite.
- Experience in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Able to work on-site at our NY offices
- Excellent communication skills and a professional collaborative attitude
- Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
- Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
- Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
- Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony a plus