Ubisoft Studio San Francisco is looking for a talented Senior Animator who can bring life to characters for our new game development, XDefiant.
The Sr. Animator will create best in class, first person and other game-play animations. The project requires realistic physics of character movements with a game 1st approach, to create authentic weapons and other user facing related actions. The ideal candidate should have experience crafting hand-keyed animations, as well as being able to edit motion-capture data. The successful candidate will have extensive first person shooter and competitive games experience. You are technical enough to work in Animation graphs yet are committed to your artistry and craft! You feel comfortable having a voice in the direction of yours and others work. You are a mentor supporting the team's less experienced members by sharing knowledge and coaching them to level up!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Animation Lead and Director to develop game play animations
- Animate assets for use in game, as well as some more cinematic work.
- Work closely with Design and other departments to facilitate game-play tuning, balance and user facing expectations
- Work with artists and engineers to assure you are capable of creating your best work!
- Create work from scratch through polish as well as take on and polish data in various states of progress
- Interact with Technical Artists and Technical Animators to define Character Animation Pipeline needs and improvements
- Develop and adhere to quality review processes. Receive and express feedback to other in open forums
- Play the game
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level of game, film or commercial animation experience
- At least 2 shipped AAA title on present or previous generation hardware
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of implementing animations in game
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience with Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Deep understanding of anatomy and motion
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks to meet deadlines
- Clear communication skills
- Have worked extensively on first person weapon related games
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games