Marvel Studios Animation has an exciting opportunity for Senior Character Modelers to join the team on an episodic series.
As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters and prop models. You'll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
- Character modelers work with polygonal topologies to create highly-stylized and appealing characters with their associated props.
- Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs.
- Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Art Directors, and Directors
- Will be doing work converting Zbrush models into Maya pipeline as well as creating models from scratch
- Need to be expert in Maya and Zbrush
- Experience creating complex character models
- Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
- Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
- Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
- Knowledge of facial blend shape targets
- Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from Model Supervisor and Art Director
- Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
- Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
- Strong problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
• Experience with traditional sculpting
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with texture/shading
• Scripting (Python) background
-Ability to model BG elements a plus
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling preferred
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.