MSNBC Live 2PM is looking for an experienced Segment Producer to join their team.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 16, 2021
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- All aspects of producing & writing daily television segments, including research & reporting
- Finding and determining the video, sound & graphic elements for assigned segments
- Communicate story development with senior producers
- Work in a control room environment during airing of live segment
- When warranted, field produce segments
- Take part in editorial planning
- Pitch story ideas
- Strong production, writing and storytelling skills.
- Intimate knowledge of American politics and cable news television genre.
- Excellent research and reporting skills.
- 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
- Experience producing live cable television is preferred
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
- Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds