If you’re a content creator who’s always up-to-date on current trends and current events, FOX 13 is looking for you to join our team as a guest interview segment producer.
We are looking for someone who will connect with the most dynamic newsmakers and trendsetters – to be daily guests on “Good Day Seattle” and “Studio 13.” The person in this position won’t be afraid to cold call or blast out emails – requesting the right person to appear on live TV and discuss their specialty with our news anchors, hosts and reporters. Your interests should stretch across a wide spectrum of current events, topics and trends. On any given day, you could share with the newsroom: “I just booked an economist to discuss student loan forgiveness!” … and then a few minutes later, “I just got the girl who went viral on TikTok!”
That’s the fun stuff – here’s the nitty gritty: We’re looking for a producer with diverse experience who understands the booking process for news programs and talk shows. The right candidate will see the booking process through from idea to execution:
- Reach out to potential guests & secure the right person on a daily basis
- Organize notes, talking points and background information to brief the interviewer(s)
- Arrange video or graphic needs and build those into the rundown
- Build the “segment” in a rundown, for the show producer to use (we’ll show you how to do this, if you’re unsure)
- Confirm logistics (whether remote or in-studio) on the day of their interview
- Greet them at the station and ensure they’re camera ready (if applicable for in-studio guests)
The segment producer will work a regular shift in conjunction with our morning programming block (4:30-11am), but they should also understand that covering news and other current events is a 24/7 business and there will be rare occasions when we’ll need your expertise when you’re “off the clock” – so we’ll work with you to make your schedule manageable.