Responsibilities include creating/booking guest segments for Good Day and other newscasts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Nov 08, 2023
- Responsibilities include creating/booking guest segments for Good Day and other newscasts.
- The Segment Producer must be able to find and assess potential guests who handle complex topics and schedule guests that can communicate and engage on television.
- The Segment Producer must be able to react quickly to breaking and developing news and booking appropriate experts and newsmakers.
- As Segment Producer, this person must work closely with Good Day Managers and Producers to schedule and produce live talkbacks for Good Day and other newscasts, and to consistently seek feedback and suggestions from Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience as a TV Newscast Producer in a medium to major television market required.
- Ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines and have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong knowledge of legal and ethical parameters for mass media is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of the technical aspects of television news production required, including digital and web-based newsgathering tools.
- Ideal candidate must be able to use newsroom video and computer systems, editing, and graphics programs.
- Candidates must work independently to cultivate strong and viable experts and newsmakers.