KTVU is seeking a Segment Producer who can assist in a variety of news projects and shows. Primary responsibilities include filling in as a line producer on daily news shows, producing and assisting in the production of news specials, booking live guests and segment producing.
San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 24, 2022
The ideal candidate must be organized, able to multi-task and be a problem solver. Must be able to work with different departments at KTVU, including creative services, production, and traffic. Also needs to be able to build and develop relationships and contacts outside the newsroom to aid in newsgathering.
- The Segment Producer must be able to line produce, including building rundowns, writing news copy, creating graphics and timing a show.
- Strong writing and producing skills are essential.
- Must be able to contribute ideas on a daily basis in editorial meetings and to recognize what types of stories would make for interesting and compelling television and online content.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced quickly changing environment and react in live situations to cover breaking news and developing stories.
- Must be enterprising and self-motivated and be able to work independently to develop newscast or assigned production.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all journalistic standards and broadcast production techniques used to create visual and compelling on-air and online content.
- Must have thorough understanding of social media platforms and experience posting to digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field required.
- Must have experience producing TV newscasts (minimum of 2 years).
- Familiarity with Bit Central and iNews a plus.