NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, NJ is looking for multiple Seasonal Production Associates to support the Producers Department. The Seasonal Production Associate will contribute to various NFL Films programming that is created for different content platforms, such as broadcast, cable, social, and streaming and includes features, documentaries, weekly shows, and social media content.
Sep 05, 2023
Oct 23, 2023
NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, NJ is looking for multiple Seasonal Production Associates to support the Producers Department.
The Seasonal Production Associate will contribute to various NFL Films programming that is created for different content platforms, such as broadcast, cable, social, and streaming and includes features, documentaries, weekly shows, and social media content. It is a creative and primarily office-based role that leans heavily on research and use of Avid Media Composer. The exact responsibilities of this role will vary in scope by assignment and time of year on the NFL calendar. Candidates for this role must be available to start on Monday, October 23rd.
- Research and log footage, including game footage, b-roll, interviews, and archival footage utilizing Avid Media Composer and NFL proprietary software.
- Organize and manage the flow of incoming media on Avid Media Composer for various other associates and Producers on the project.
- Contribute to editing for blocks of various programming. Editing opportunities will vary by assignment and the time of year on the NFL calendar.
- Research story lines and information for content in development or active production.
- Write lines of script for narration.
- Assist Producers in pushing content through to post-production & delivery workflows.
- Assist in-house and on-location shoots, as-needed (limited)
- Participate in pitching ideas for new and existing programming.
- 4-year college degree in television, film, media, communications, creative writing, or other relevant areas of study
- Minimum 1-year experience as Production Assistant or intern in television/film production
- Minimum 1-year non–linear editing experience (prior experience with Avid Media Composer is preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of professional football (NFL)
- Interest in telling football stories and other sports stories
- Knowledge of NFL Films programming, past and present
- Previous logging experience using non-linear editing software (eg: Premiere, Avid)
- Basic storytelling & creative writing skills
- Strong time management skills and comfortable working on multiple projects at once covering all stages of the production timeline, from pre-production through to post-production
- Previous experience in sports storytelling/television/film production is preferred, but not required
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Interest in working in an office-based environment rather than a narrative film set environment
- Ability to work comfortably with and engage with a large group of creative people
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in history and the history of football/sports
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- Candidate must be available to start on Monday, October 23rd.
- Candidate must be available & willing to work morning shifts, evening shifts, weekends, and some holidays.
- +/- 40 hours/week
- 5-7 days/week
- This is an in-office position located at NFL Films in Southern New Jersey