Sesame Workshop is looking for a Research Analyst who is an experienced market research professional to support company-wide market research needs. The Research Analyst will be helping define a new workstream at Sesame with the goal to streamline and wholistic analyze the monitoring of reach and engagement with Sesame across touchpoints and across the globe.
From $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Research Analyst who is an experienced market research professional to support company-wide market research needs. The Research Analyst will be helping define a new workstream at Sesame with the goal to streamline and wholistic analyze the monitoring of reach and engagement with Sesame across touchpoints and across the globe. This right candidate will support the Senior Director, Market Research in the buildout of this newly shaped function, be well versed in digital analytics (YouTube, web, social, etc.) and have an interest in building their capacity and using their skill set in other areas that Sesame Workshop is interested in monitoring (i.e. – nonprofit direct services, products/licensing, publishing, etc.).
Who you Report to: This position reports to the Senior Director Market Research but will be working closely and in support of the Vice President Market Research as well as other members of the market research team.
Who you work with: The ultimate goal of this position is to be supportive of all business functions throughout the company so you will be regularly working with functional teams both based in NY, as well as globally.
Please Note: The stated hourly/salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Supporting the buildout of this new Monitoring, Reach and Engagement function including helping to develop both the touchpoint level and the cross-touchpoint measurement solutions
- Working closely with business teams across touchpoints to provide them regular actionable insights to support the growth and development of the touchpoint
- Answer ad-hoc requests from business units across the company which may include creating sales sheets or pitch decks for various needs
- Be responsible for regular cross-functional results dissemination and analysis
- Support the market research team in other capacities as needed
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in a digital/ media research role
- Experience with a variety of analytics platforms – GA4, YouTube, Social
- Experience with SVOD and linear TV data a plus
- Experience with business analytics outside of the digital space – publishing, licensing, etc a plus
- Experience using Tableau a plus
- Interest in working across global context, experience a plus
- Interest in learning about on-the ground-direct service monitoring
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Other Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience selecting and managing vendors including contract and budget management
- Experience working with syndicated primary research studies
- Desire to learn about other facets of our business and develop a global POV
- Ability to convey research findings in “non-research” language to internal partners
- Ability to use research to help the company think strategically
- You enjoy working closely with business partners to provide teams with the highest level of research support – including ad-hoc and short turn-around requests
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- You have high energy and enthusiasm for the position
- Work well in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to work with internal partners across functional areas
- Must be ok working in a hybrid environment and with different time zones