This position is responsible for producing a live over-the-air morning radio show and shows to originate on digital platforms. The Audio Producer ensures that all preplanned components of a show are carried out as planned.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Nov 04, 2022
- Responsible for overall content and flow of live and recorded broadcast shows. Manages the show from preplanning to final editing. Provides feedback to hosts. Generates ideas. Keeps show on track and connected to listeners by engaging hosts and guests.
- Answer phone calls during airtime and screen calls, allowing appropriate callers through to the studio.
- Prepare and lead post show meetings to ensure a complete plan for the next day's content.
- Make sure all aspects of the show are of high quality and fully complete before the show transmitted. Plan ahead and meet deadlines so show can run smoothly for all involved.
- Prepare daily audio for use in show segments. Audio not limited to informative and comedic topical audio.
- Important details include booking and confirming celebrity and local guests, daily postings to website and all social media platforms on show content, understanding program log, assemble audio clips for daily promo updates and key information. Notify proper people of any changes or special situations that may come up in a timely manner (i.e. cancellations, technical problems).
- Ensure show runs smoothly by following established timelines and program logs, taking breaks, running the board flawlessly, handling changes, monitoring of equipment to ensure it is operating correctly.
- Produce and deliver weather and traffic reports during the show.
- Prepare and host "Best of" segments and shows when regular hosts are on vacation or other time off.
- Edit audio, post to online feeds; create audio highlights for promos, podcasts, and social platforms. Create a social media voice of the show. Procurement of "street audio" for use in on-air segments. Produce feature intros/outros and show promos
- Help with basic video recording and production.
- Assist Content Director in scheduling audio promos (for radio and on demand), scheduling specialty log events for special show segments and "best of" programs, working with clocks and other radio-related items as directed.
- Schedule content for audio brands.
- Work with Sales Staff to create usable inventory, attract sponsors, deliver value to clients, and be available for other details when necessary.
- Must be able to respond and work well in a crisis. Be able to handle last minute and unexpected changes during regular work shift, during shows and at other times as necessary. Be able to communicate quickly and clearly as needed.
- Work seamlessly with other departments -- Production, Traffic, Business -- when applicable
- Attend and participate in meetings as required. Make public appearances.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Minimum three or more years as producer or on-air contributor
- Passion for comedy and connecting with audiences
- Comfortable running (and learning) multiple different board operating styles
- Experience with radio clocks, logs and scheduling
- Working knowledge of Audiovault preferred
- Demonstrated ability for using social media including, but not limited to, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Use of WordPress preferred.
- Willingness to learn new tools and how they can help content, distribution or sales
- Willing to work in the office or on location.
- Multi-task with a variety of duties
- Ability to ad lib while on air and at appearances in a coherent manner in situations that can change quickly.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company and FCC policies and procedures.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed. Travel to and attend station promotional appearances including sales appearances.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to work under stressful conditions at any time.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and board controls as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.).
- Wear headsets and be confined to a specific space during the course of work.
- Average sitting and standing.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically and quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Ability to view video and to listen to live and recorded audio.
- Average pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and reaching over head.
- The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.