"In a Galaxy Far, Far Away", we are currently seeking a highly organized and self-sufficient Publishing Coordinator who can maintain confidentiality!
"In a Galaxy Far, Far Away", we are currently seeking a highly organized and self-sufficient Publishing Coordinator who can maintain confidentiality! In this role, you will provide administrative support to the creative director and multiple editors with routine tasks including scheduling meetings, requesting payments, maintaining publishing calendars and schedules, communicating with other departments, routing approvals, running cover meetings, crafting decks & presentations for publishing team, facilitating communication between editors and the off-site creative director, book orders, mailings, and arranging travel.
You will report to the Creative Director.
This role is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Schedule meetings across time zones that require coordination and follow-up, payment requests, coordinate publishing calendars, collaborate with other departments, manage book orders, route approvals, mailings, and arrange travel.
- Running cover meetings
- Creating decks & presentations for publishing team
- Facilitate communication between editors and the off-site creative director
- Handle all work with the highest degree of confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment, and diplomacy
- Display initiative, ingenuity, and constant communication as a consistent means of accomplishing these activities
- Opportunities to help with special projects
- Ensure daily prioritization of communication, meetings, and action items
- Provide additional office support to the team including, but not limited to, mailing support, ordering miscellaneous office supply items, greeting guests, receiving packages, running office distribution lists, assisting with event planning, expense reports
- Order and coordinate IT-related equipment
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have:
- Must be highly organized and self-sufficient
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Mac OS, KeyNote, Powerpoint
- 1-2 years of administrative experience supporting senior-level executives in a corporate environment
- Positive teammate with an enthusiastic demeanor and strong service orientation
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through demonstrated strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn the substance of the work in which the executive is involved, in order to be an effective facilitator with the business unit
- Demonstrated strong ability to be proactive and self-motivated and anticipate administrative needs
- Ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal direction
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Demonstrated strong planning, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and demonstrate good judgment in the handling of issues; including those that involve sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, manage competing demands, and change course of action quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Concur or other similar online travel and expense management interfaces
- Knowledge of Publishing and Disney policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco, CA is $47,400 to $63,400 per year based on a 40 hour work week.