This fast-paced communications expert will work collaboratively within the CNN Worldwide communications teams to support the strategic publicity efforts around primetime programming.
The role requires strategic thinking, high organizational talents and strong public relations skills. The position provides an opportunity to work with the best journalists in the business and play an integral role in the future of CNN.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Support the strategic publicity efforts for CNN primetime programming (7p-12a ET) including drafting and distributing guest listings, broadcast transcripts, video segments and ratings.
• Research and pitch creative placements, interviews, stories, and speaking opportunities for CNN journalists and anchors.
• Coordinate and strategize with teams across the division and wider communications team as necessary.
• Partner on internal events and employee engagement activities. Support event planning and execution for industry and company events.
• Collaborate with the department to ensure all documents are maintained and distributed in a timely manner with key stakeholders.
• Help manage PR campaigns for assigned projects from development to implementation, with oversight/guidance from the wider team.
• Regularly track media coverage and gather media recap reports.
Qualifications & Experience…
• 3-6 years of experience, preferably with a media, news or public relations organization.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and provide attention to detail.
• Strong, polished interpersonal skills and ability to work with talent and executives in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interest in and understanding of news and politics with excellent judgement.
• Existing relationships with press covering media, news or politics preferred.
• Prior administrative experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and team-player.
• Four year college degree preferred.
• High-level proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Slack.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $71,253.00 - $132,327.00 salary per year.