The Publicist is responsible for supporting and assisting in creating and executing publicity campaigns for STARZ network original series.
This role requires a strategic thinker with creative, out-of-the-box ideas and a knowledge of key press across multiple platforms. The Publicist takes initiative and is collaborative with different departments and stakeholders. Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, good judgment, and ability to adapt quickly under pressure are required.
• Identify and successfully pitch programming to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and online publications; as well as secure electronic bookings; respond to media requests timely for information and interviews.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, blogs, trades, etc.).
• Coordinate media opportunities and assist in the media training of talent for interviews, speaking opportunities and panels.
• Write press releases, bios, media alerts, episode descriptions and talking points, while also pulling creative assets such as photography and clips for the best press material product.
• Support VP and Directors of Publicity at events, including red carpets, screenings, premieres, TCA, Comic Con, etc.
• Assist with budget management for all initiatives including talent travel expenses, glam, press kit development, etc.
• Create PR campaign launch and wrap reports and decks for STARZ Original Series reflecting all press coverage.
• Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across the various teams. Must possess the willingness to collaborate across groups.
• Work with show leads to identify Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, Tribeca etc.) and other panel opportunities as it pertains to assigned series
• Work with Unit Publicist to ensure all PR and marketing materials are seamlessly produced across production and talent.
• Manage relationships with outside public relations agencies and consultants.
• Serve as the liaison between talent, producers and their representation on assigned series.
• Manage the daily press clips process, prioritizing by importance.
• Assist coordinators as needed on talent travel, glam and car bookings.
• Create, maintain, and update media lists
• Assist with awards submissions and FYC campaigns for assigned series.
• Travel to and represent STARZ at various events.
Qualifications & Skills
• 3+ years of entertainment experience in public relations
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
• Understanding of the media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists and social media influencers
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and effectively prioritize.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential, as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and generate new ideas on a regular basis.
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
• Brings to the role a passion for entertainment, television, pop culture and journalism.
• Able to adapt quickly to new and challenging situations
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment