The PM Camera Operator, composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Newscast Directors.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Sep 29, 2022
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the Newscast Director.
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
- Confers with Newscast Directors and other crew and staff members to discuss show rundowns, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
- Sets up cameras and related equipment.
- Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
- Produces graphics for newscast.
- Operates graphics productions to create graphics for the newscast.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Must be able to perform all duties under high stress situations and conditions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephone, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The PT Camera Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts.
- In addition, must be able to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Repetitive movements are required.
- Must be able to climb ladder.
- Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.