KCCI is seeking a part-time editor-photographer. This member of our team will edit video for newscasts as well as learn to shoot, edit and execute live shots out in the field.
Des Moines, Iowa Area
May 25, 2022
Excellent editing skills, time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, CBS and CNN platforms are important. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you have a can-do attitude, are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast air and digital posts
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.