The Promotions Director is a key member of the Urban One team, working directly with Marketing, on strategic/creative development and management of revenue-generating marketing solutions and partnerships for existing and prospective clients with the Sales, Promotions and Digital departments.
The Promotions Director is a key member of the Urban One team, working directly with Marketing, on strategic/creative development and management of revenue-generating marketing solutions and partnerships for existing and prospective clients with the Sales, Promotions and Digital departments. This position will work with Programming to develop winning promotional campaigns to drive ratings. The Promotions Director will develop and maintain strong community relationships for the Telemundo Indy and La Grande brands. This is an active position and may require evenings and weekends on site at station & Indianapolis community events.
· Ensure synergy between all on-air, online, and promotional initiatives
· Maintain station brand Promotions Calendar for On-Air and Event Campaigns
· Secure prizing and oversee planning of weekly station contesting plan in conjunction with Sales, Digital, and Programming
· Event Production: Assist with creation, coordination, and execution of Station events and
· Promotions throughout the calendar year
· Develop and execute community relations partnerships for the Telemundo Indy/La
· Grande team to ensure the brands are being maximized
· Oversee execution of station brand campaigns in coordination with Digital, Video,
· Programming, and Sales
· Ideation/Strategy: Works closely with department heads: Digital, Video, Programming and Sales to set the creative compass for the brands; Delivers high-level innovative thinking and long-term planning to deliver/execute promotional campaigns to serve the programming priorities of the Telemundo Indy/La Grande stations
· Ensure all reporting staff has the necessary skills to perform their assigned Job
· Responsibilities at the highest level of professionalism (consistently appropriate) and competence (effective and efficient) on an ongoing basis
· Maintain High Performance and effectively deal with Identified Non-Performance in a timely manner (within 48 hours)
· Ensure and support all full-time direct reporting staff in doing their own Performance
· Appraisals every six months, and part time direct reporting staff every six months.
· Recruit, develop and train team members and staff continuously, responsible for new promotion team employee training
· Recruit, develop and teach new Interns when internships are offered, Internship
· Coordinator role for Promotion team interns
· Administration: Assigns and manages projects, maintains administrative tasks for the
· Promotions team, to include duties around event space clearances/set-up, HR tasks tied to direct reports, scheduling, routine departmental summaries/reporting and other duties as required for the department
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
· 3+years of related event/promotion experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Present a positive and professional attitude and presence at all station events
· The ability to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities under pressure in a non-9-to-5, fast-paced live media environment is required
· High-level written and verbal communication skills, and in particular the ability to communicate around multiple creative projects in a time-sensitive manner
· Strong attention to detail and solid organizational and project management skills
· Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA Degree in Broadcasting/Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field; knowledge and/or experience in a radio/TV, and/or agency environment is strongly preferred.
- Multi-cultural marketing/communications experience a plus.
- An idea person.
- Can demonstrate big picture thinking as well as an ability to manage details promotions, brand marketing, digital marketing and how it relates to radio a must.