Madison Square Garden Entertainment: This is a Project based Motion Graphics role joining the growing MSG Sphere team in early development of technology and content for the MSG Sphere studio.
Initially, this artist would work alongside camera, production innovations and creative development teams to enable both process and ideation in support of content delivery. This artist will be a part of a larger post-production team, creating final content for MSG Sphere venues. We would like work with Project based Artist they will hoping convert to a full time role in the future. The Project based roles generally start with a 3 month term.
What will you do?
• Ideal candidates have an appetite for creative execution and are forward thinking and technologically inclined
• Interest in being a part of an ambitious, innovative project requiring collaboration and teamwork
• Working closely with leadership in creative development, production, post-production, and playback, this position is ideal for good communicators with a positive attitude and creative problem solving
• This role is part of a production artist group exploring and developing a unique language for Sphere, in collaboration with a creative development team
• Motion Graphics Artists are responsible for applying design thinking to solving Sphere-specific content challenges
• Remain up to date with trends in art, design and technology
• Work with a collaborative team to solve complex challenges and contribute to the team’s best practices and workflows development
What do you need to succeed?
• Must have Demo reel/portfolio demonstrating variety of motion design work
• Proficiency equivalent to 2-7 years of experience working as mograph artist / 2D/3D animator
• Experience working as a motion designer or animator within high-end VFX pipelines for commercials, VR, Film, TV or theme parks a plus
• Previous work experience in VR or spherical projects desired
• Expert knowledge in C4D, Maya and Adobe Creative Suite expertise required, with adaptability across other potential software such as Houdini, Z-Brush, Blender, Resolve/Fusion, and other 2D or 3D digital content creation tools
• Knowledge or rendering engines such as Redshift and others
• Exceptional attention to visual and typographical aesthetics
• Ability to lead projects from concept to deployment
• Positive attitude and proven track record in creative problem solving with expressed interest in new technology and processes.
• Software agnosticism a plus; adaptability to new pipelines and utilization of provided tools is critical
• Nuke compositing experienced desired