GA Aquarium: The Production Technician (Level I) is an entry level position within the Production Department that participates in the daily operation and maintenance of all aspects of production for Production, Entertainment, Special Events, and other Guest Programming.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 16, 2022
They will operate a follow spot for shows, as well as for rehearsals and special events, and support all other production departments as required. They will also participate in work calls / routine maintenance assignments, and function as a Stagehand / Production Assistant for Shows, Special Events or other production/guest programming project as assigned.
Production & Operations:
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance of all aspects of lighting/electrics production for the theatres, production, and special events
- Operate a follow spot for shows, rehearsals and special events as required
- Support all other production departments as needed.
- Operate as a Stagehand/Production Assistant as needed
- Participate in and support load-ins, turn-a-rounds and strikes as needed/required
- Perform other tasks as workload necessitates, which may include administrative or other technical support tasks as assigned by Production Management.
- Participate in all Production activities for maintenance and rehearsals as directed by production department team leaders
- Execute and maintain strict quality control over all the designers’ original design and creative vision/intent for all productions
- Other duties as workload necessitates
Rules and Regulations:
- Enforce and adhere to all rules and regulations of the company including but not limited to those outlined in the employee handbook or other documentation
- Enforce and adhere to all health and safety standards and regulations
- Enforce and adhere to all facility/building codes
- Enforce and adhere to OSHA regulations and safety procedures
- Minimum (1) years’ experience in live entertainment and theatrical/special event production
- Possess basic knowledge of all live entertainment, theatrical and special event production, and operations.
- Possess basic knowledge of the operation and maintenance of theatrical lighting systems, conventional and automated/intelligent lights, follow spots, lighting computers and lighting systems.
- Experience and knowledge of electricity and low voltage systems
- Ability to kneel, lift, and carry heavy equipment, work in confined spaces and at heights above 25’ and/or on various lifts, booms, and ladders
- Ability to swim
- Creative thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Professional Appearance & Demeanor
- Possess the highest level of motivation, pride in work and leadership
- Remain flexible and available to work long hours, as needed, on a potentially fluctuating schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- College degree or equivalent professional work experience preferred.