HSN is looking for a TV Production Technician that is energetic, dependable and has a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Jul 03, 2023
HSN is looking for a TV Production Technician that is energetic, dependable and has a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment. This role works in various crew positions during a live 24/7 network operation and has intermediate working knowledge in some video production techniques such as Audio, Graphics, Camera, Studio Floor Operation, and Assistant Director.
Day in the Life
- Work the live show in the technical role assigned
- Work offline projects in the technical role assigned
- Take direction from Live Show Directors and execute in order to achieve production goals
- Effective use of preproduction time to achieve high-quality production output.
- Set up and prepare studios and control rooms for live and taped productions
- Assist with camera blocking
- Assist with microphone and IFB checks
- Maintain the studio and control room by keeping the area clean and properly reporting equipment issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television or Mass Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of live television or related experience
- Applied basic working knowledge of at least one video production technique, including:
- Audio – multi source (at least 5) management for live broadcast, adjust source levels for proper output, EQ microphones, maintain proper gain structure on inputs, adjust IFB settings, route/adjust feeds, intermediate knowledge of Calrec audio board settings/operations, follow direction provided by Live Show Director and monitor audio output.
- Graphics – ability to operate windows based software, type quickly and efficiently, cross references multiple systems, follow direction provided by Live Show Producer, proactively adjust graphic messaging based on talent presentation and follow sales strategy outlined by On Air Producer.
- Cameras – effectively run video levels, proper use of waveform and vector scope, maintain proper shot composition and shot focus, route sources, proactive anticipation of presentation camera needs, follow direction provided by Live Show Director and monitor video output.
- Studio Floor Operation- block cameras on studio floor, set up basic camera levels, white balance cameras, place microphone on talent, use of proper verbal and non-verbal cues, proper use of lighting board, applied basic knowledge of studio lighting, control flow of product and people on studio floor, prep multiple studios and follow direction provided by the Live Show Director.
- Assistant Director – utilize several video/still playback systems, manage support during the live broadcast, update internal show information for crew, route video/camera sources, proactively follow/adjust designated presentation order, ability to record/ingest support, intermediate systems knowledge of all equipment, follow direction from the Live Show Director and follow presentation changes from the On Air Producer.
- Working knowledge of other of other video production techniques.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to Lift, push and pull items over 20 lbs.
- Able to Stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work 40 hours work week with the ability to occasionally work overtime.
- Availability to work as needed, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to use Vinten Robotic cameras and ENG cameras; or similar equipment.
- Ability to use Calrec audio boards and DigiCart; or similar equipment.
- Ability to use Xclyps DDR playback system, HyperX graphics, OTAV video playback system, XD decks, and LEX still store systems; or similar equipment.
- Dependable self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest in continuous learning
- Punctuality and reliable attendance.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a high-pressure environment both independently and with a team and adapt quickly to changing situations.