The Production Supervisor is responsible for the tactical aspects of a department(s) ensuring that schedule goals are met while managing artists to their full potential.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 21, 2022
They manage the department schedule and day-to-day needs of the department in partnership with Department Head.
- Manages the department schedule, tracks the labor weeks and coordinates the day-to-day workflow.
- Develops and manages internal department schedules and staffing requirements. Creates list of critical assumptions and highlights any vulnerabilities. Ensures accuracy of production tracking report and provides notes to support the numbers and strategy.
- Works with PM and/or AP to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements and helps to ensure the department budget and scheduling are updated as changes are made to the films production flow and/or staffing profile.
- Collaborates with Department Head of assigned department(s) to cast assignments, issue deadlines and manage department workflow process. Partner to ensure the complexity of work is consistent with department budget and schedule.
- Looks ahead to ensure that department's weekly quotas, milestones & inventory expectations are met.
- Strategizes with Department Head, upper management and possibly Production Supervisors from other departments to resolve any productivity and/or inventory issues and how to resolve any overages.
- Advises APM and/or PM of any potential problems or issues, particularly those impacting budget, offering solutions when possible.
- Creates and maintains reports that clearly illustrate department and individual artist productivity.
- Supervises and coaches Prod Coordinators and PAs for department
- 2+ years Experience as a production Supervisor within feature Animation production
- 3+ years as a production coordinator within a feature Animation and/or TV
- Shotgun Experience preferred - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently