Madison Square Garden Entertainment: Production Assistant/Runner will secure the resources necessary to facilitate their department’s needs, so they can deliver results in-line with the company’s standards.
The Production Assistant/Runner will need to be a passionate, motivated, and driven person with an entrepreneurial spirit, resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. In addition, the Production Assistant/Runner will secure the resources necessary to facilitate their department’s needs, so they can deliver results in-line with the company’s standards. The position collaborates with internal and external clients to minimize expenses. The scope of this position encompasses a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation.
What will you do?
- Transportation of crew to and from airports, hotels, stores, etc before, during and after shows
- Purchasing various products/materials that is required at local stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Walmart, Wholefoods, Guitar Center etc.)
- Facilitating crew meal orders with local restaurants
- Coordinating laundry pickups with the tour at approved vendors
- Cash reconciliation
- Miscellaneous work on an as needed basis
What do you need to succeed?
- Requires a high school diploma/GED.
- Experience in audio and video production, or an equivalent combination
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal form in English
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- General physical requirement such as lifting 25lbs., standing for long periods, walking long distances, working in inclement conditions, lead and assist in evacuation of guests and staff, ability to walk up and traverse down stairs, bending and constant motion is often required.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations as needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, have split days off, work weekends and holidays