Bally Sports South is seeking a summer Production Intern to join their Atlanta, GA based production department.
The intern will learn an overview of the production environments at the nation’s largest regional sports network, by assisting in production and daily operations tasks for live event productions and original content airing on Bally Sports South and Bally Sports Southeast. The networks’ production department creates a wide variety of content, ranging from live coverage of professional sporting events, pre and postgame coverage in support of those events, original feature content, and digital content for the networks’ social media platforms.
The intern’s duties will include:
- Assist in field production, by working with feature producers, camera operators, and on-air talent on event coverage and interviews.
- Participate in research & preparation of questions for any interviews in the field.
- On shoot day, accompany the camera crew and assist in basic setup of the planned shoot.
- Assist on studio production days for the pre and postgame shows supporting Atlanta Braves telecasts.
- Work with on-air talent to provide stats, research, and team-distributed game notes to assist in their preparation for shows.
- Along with show producers and support staff, assist with video highlight edits for pre and postgame shows, by preparing shot sheets and other notes for on-air talent.
This position works in a professional office setting, with time spent in a television studio environment, in the field for assigned shoots, and occasionally in the remote production truck environment at sporting events. The intern will also be given opportunities to observe and participate in live sporting event production at home games. Schedules will include evening and weekend hours around the times of professional sporting events, with weekly hours totaling no more than 30 per week, for a maximum 8-week internship term.
Interns interface with the production staff of the Bally Sports South and Bally Sports Southeast regional television networks for resources and support. Bally Sports staff will accompany and supervise interns at all times when at locations away from the office. The position will report to the Coordinating Producer.
- The intern will work up to 30 hours maximum a week, for a total of 8 weeks
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Coursework/major must be in a field of study directly related to television or media production, journalism and/or sports management.
- The intern, through the enrolled college or university, must receive college credits that will satisfy any graduation requirements at the school.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work from our midtown Atlanta office