WEBTOON is offering a full-time, associate-level position to an exceptional production designer. This role supports our Art Directors and Senior Motion Designers, helping to bring our WEBTOON stories to life.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 11, 2022
The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of professional experience working in a fast-paced production or creative environment. You will contribute to the team that’s building the way WEBTOON communicates and engages with its fast-growing audience. This role requires out-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, problem-solving, excellent communication skills, and a passion for introducing WEBTOON’s characters and stories to new audiences. In return, you will be working on everything from trailers to TikTok ads and your work will be seen by millions of comic fans worldwide.
REQUIRED: A portfolio of work demonstrating design projects that clearly indicate your role in each project and shows off your range of technical skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Work under the guidance of Art Directors and Senior Creatives to assist our animation department in making trailers for social and digital ads driving reader acquisition and retention.
- Use your fast, efficient retouch, clipping, and design skills to set the team up for success and raise the bar on creativity at WEBTOON.
- Provide image clipping, retouching, and additional image manipulation for a high volume of images under a deadline.
- Archive clipped images for use across our large creative team.
- Effectively prep and organize files to be used by an animator.
- Stay on top of regional industry/advertising trends, as well as WEBTOON fan culture.
- Work with the Project Manager to manage your time and effort responsibly so work is delivered on time.
Who You Are:
- You are a production designer with 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast, efficient, and highly skilled in digital drawing (separating/redrawing and completing elements for animation).
- Expert and fast at Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. (Including skills such as layering, clipping, adjustment layers/vector paths, and typography).
- Familiar with animation rigs and plugins such as Duik.
- Experienced in versioning animation projects from 16:9 to 9:16 and 1:1 format.
- A big bonus if you are proficient in Clip Studio, Adobe Animate, Blender, Maya, and or C4D.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and wear many hats as necessary to help your teammates.
- A team player who strives to design to engage and delight our WEBTOON readers from the heart—not the ego.
- You have a passion for pop culture! (Comics, games, television, animation, film, etc.)