BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful production coordinator to bring their production and organizational skills to the live video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly across departments.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 30, 2021
This position is Freelance at $300/day.
- Support video productions throughout each project's lifespan
- Support multiple productions simultaneously
- Collaborate with creative, casting, prod tech, and studio ops teams throughout each project
- Support creative producers and the production team on assigned tasks
- Be the primary talent liaison on the day of production
- Process, track, and report production actuals
- Prepare and share start paperwork, call sheets, and releases
- Process payroll, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission
- Build and coordinate lifestream run-downs and production schedules
- Help source and book freelance production crews
- Research permits + associated fees
- Book equipment and stages for assigned teams and projects
- Manage, order, and ship props and products
- Troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed
- Work with the Production team to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency.
- Must have 2 years of production experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Knowledge of production and operations best practices
- Proficient in budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience sourcing and hiring freelancers
- Willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases
- Experience producing live and/or remote video productions
- Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Smartstart, and Airtable
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.