The Production Coordinator - Lighting/Audio will assist in all areas of production for venue events.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 11, 2023
The Production Coordinator will serve as a point of contact for shows, communicating with staff, vendors, security and various departments as needed. Additionally, the position is responsible for coordinating, advancing, and tracking production needs and requirements for all shows.
- Responsible for set up, operation and maintenance of venue lighting system.
- Operate lights during shows configuring color and tone to ensure artists' vision and mood are achieved.
- Responsible for set up, operation and maintenance of venue sound system.
- Operate sound system during shows and confirm that microphones and speakers are functioning.
- Serve as back-up for A/V and PA systems.
- Responsible for set up, operation and maintenance of A/V system.
- Operate PA during shows if Sound Engineer is absent.
- Maintain the public announcement system in optimal working condition.
- Venue maintenance including lighting, sound, stage and equipment.
- Responsible for stage maintenance: sweep, mop, paint touch-ups on flooring as needed throughout the year and buff and paint entire floor once a year.
- Responsible for set up and break down of equipment on stage.
- Load/unload equipment from trucks and set up equipment according to stage design while ensuring safety requirements are met.
- May be responsible for production and operations aspects including vendor end-to-end onsite set up: exhibitor registration and follow-up survey.
- Serve as the primary liaison between vendors, artists, sounds crews, and property management companies in execution of shows and events.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Ability operate light and sound systems and plan for live production events
- Working knowledge of stand tools and equipment of the trade
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Professional Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience working at festivals
- Able to work various hours: nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Experience with music industry preferred