As the Production Coordinator, you will work with the Department Manager on a day-to-day basis. You will be the first point of contact for department team members.
May 04, 2023
As the Production Coordinator, you will work with the Department Manager on a day-to-day basis. You will be the first point of contact for department team members. Your main duties will include keeping departmental records and reports, communicating the day’s scheduled events, arranging key meetings and providing general administrative support.
- Understand the department(s) and work with Production Supervisor and Department Head to maintain and manage the department schedule.
- Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, track progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in Shotgun to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work.
- Collaborate with other coordinators and supervisors to keep all data accurate and current.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor and Department Head to set the priorities of the department taking into account the priorities of the show that are established by the Production Supervisors and the Production Manager.
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio’s production database and related departmental records to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work.
- Collaborate with other coordinators and managers to keep all data accurate and up-to-date.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Supervisor and Lead(s).
- Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts.
- Manage the schedules of key personnel.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews.
- Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items and distribute as needed.
- Coordinate work that enters and leaves the department to ensure completeness.
- Provide administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete.
- As second in command to the Production Supervisor, proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Follow up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule.
- Generate weekly reports from department, quota.
- Bring concerns about potential schedule or budget overruns to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
- Act as a point of coordination of work that enters and leaves the department ensuring procedures are followed to ensure workflow from one department to the next is as seamless as possible.
- Stay abreast of issues on the floor and elevate information appropriately to Production Supervisor.
- Coordinates crew meetings.
- Mentor the Production Assistants.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries preferably as a Production Coordinator in feature-animation film production or VFX production as Production Assistant.
- Professional working knowledge of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field.
- Set up Cinesync/RV sessions.
- Proficient in English.