We here at WATN/WLMT are looking for an Operator to join the fastest growing news source in Memphis! Positions include Camera, Teleprompter, Floor Manager, Audio Operator, Editor, coding and Chyron Graphics.
We here at WATN/WLMT are looking for an Operator to join the fastest growing news source in Memphis! Do you have what it takes to be a part of a fascinating team of individuals, who insist on your growth, quality of life, excellence in presentation, solid work ethic and a healthy workplace culture? Maybe, you want to get your career jumpstarted or are looking for a new challenge. You may desire to work with modern and innovative technology that produces elevated levels of execution in a fast-paced newsroom. If you fit those descriptions and want to join the best and brightest in Memphis, click on that link below and apply today!
- Operators are trained to perform any one of the various production roles during and in-between live newscasts.
- Positions include Camera, Teleprompter, Floor Manager, Audio Operator, Editor, coding and Chyron Graphics.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate problem solving abilities, creativity, initiative, and a desire to grow within the organization.
• Must be team-first oriented, committed to the work, faithful to the schedule and have a positive attitude towards it all.
• Attention to detail is necessary in the execution of each of the roles, as one of the final gatekeepers before our product is transmitted over the air.
• Willingness to learn new and challenging roles.
• Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• May be required to do some lifting and or moving of equipment (less than 50lbs).
• Some College and or experience working in live production environment.
• This position reports to the Director of Operations and is directly supervised by an on-shift director.
• Work Environment: Office
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.