We are looking for a Production Assistant, Story/Layout who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jun 15, 2022
Flex Type Hybrid - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Production Assistant will report to the Producer and provide overall administrative support for the Story and Layout departments.
- Provides production support to the Story team – Supervising Director, Episodic Directors, Story artists, and Producer
- Acts as administrative and back-up support to the production team to ensure all production events are run smoothly and executed efficiently.
- Assists with Episodic Script Breakdowns.
- Assists in populating internal production/creative tracking system with asset naming conventions and other pertinent data upon the approval of the Episodic Script Breakdowns as needed.
- Schedules and organizes meetings for various departments.
- Researches and gathers materials and information necessary for the preparation and execution of production, such as preparing all paperwork and setup required for turnovers and kickoffs both internally and overseas.
- Types meeting notes, memos, documents and schedules as required.
- Assists with uploads and downloads of media.
- Prepares routine correspondence and forms. Packages, ships, and tracks electronic files and deliverables as necessary.
- Completes special projects as needed or requested.
- 1-2 years of experience in Production minimum, preferably in Animation.
- Requires excellent administrative skills, including word processing, strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Project Management software experience preferred.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Bachelor's Degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.