Chicago Shakespeare Theater: The Production Assistant (PA) works as a member of the Stage Management team and helps to facilitate all aspects of the rehearsal and tech processes.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Oct 12, 2023
Dec 18, 2023
Feb 09, 2024
The Production Assistant (PA) works as a member of the Stage Management team and helps to facilitate all aspects of the rehearsal and tech processes. The PA will support the Stage Manager (SM) and Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) in all stage management duties with a particular focus on being on-book and taking line notes. This position will start around December 18, 2023, and will be with the production through opening (February 9, 2024).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Drives IDEA to Action platform by engaging in committees, events, training and other initiatives as needed.
- Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos.
- Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Assist the stage management team in the coordination of rehearsals, often in multiple rehearsal spaces.
- Assist the stage management team with daily communications to various stake holders.
- Collect notes from the rehearsal process and provide them to the Stage Manager for distribution.
- Create and maintain paperwork related to the production as assigned by the Stage Manager or ASM.
- Assist the ASM in the tracking of props, costumes, and other technical elements.
- Prepare the rehearsal space for work each day including the preparation of hospitality supplies.
- Be on-book and take line notes during rehearsal, tech, and previews.
- Assist the stage management team in ensuring a safe and focused work environment.
- Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Google Drive
- Work hours will be variable depending on the phase of the project. The Production Assistant must attend all rehearsals unless pre-approved by the Stage Manager.
- Overtime hours will be necessary.
- Evening and weekend will be necessary.
- Worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL.
- Will regularly be required to wear PPE during work activities.
- Perform a variety of physical tasks including but not limited to climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting.
- Sitting or standing for an extended duration.
- Use of manual dexterity in the operation of computers, phones, copy machines, two-way radios, and other communication devices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience at any level working on the creation or performance of a play.