We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. We are launching a new show and need Production Assistants who thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing and deadline driven team environment.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 22, 2022
Get in touch if you love to edit video, work with graphics and want to jump start your career in journalism.
But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The bulk of the job:
- Work closely with Associate Producers and Producers by assisting them in editing video and graphics
- Help research and fact check stories with speed and accuracy
- Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily and future segments that will resonate with our audience
- Keep a constant eye on show rundowns to make sure our video and graphics are in place, accurate and current
- Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
- You’ve worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at 2+ years
- You know how to edit video on Premiere and/or Avid
- You’ve got an interest and passion for journalism and are up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
- You are able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail under intense deadline
- You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
- You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
- You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
- You’re ready to jump in on projects as they come up
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You are willing to work in New York, New York