As a Production Assistant for MSNBC's Morning Joe, you will work directly with anchors and producers to assist in the production of the show.
Greater New York City Area
May 25, 2022
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing studio management during the show, including utilizing interns as needed
• Acting as a liaison between the studio and the control room
• Coordinating all guest arrivals
• Assisting show producers with research and updates as needed during live broadcast and breaking news
• Printing scripts and show materials for anchors
• Assisting show hosts during broadcast
• Helping senior staff, director, and bookers with assignments post-show
• Assisting with other ad hoc requests for show
• At least one year of news production experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Demonstrated interest in current events, politics and public affairs
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong internet research techniques
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred