Meet The Press NOW is looking for a Production Assistant who has a demonstrated passion and skill in political reporting and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven team environment. Get in touch if you love to work with graphics, edit video, have strong digital/social skills and want to jump start your career in journalism.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area, Washington D.C. Metro Area
Feb 09, 2023
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air
- Oversee the airing of all graphic elements during live program
- Work with director and line producer to maintain graphic look and accuracy
- Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
- Assist associate producers and editor with video editing
- Work closely with the Meet The Press Digital Team to publish and distribute video on social media and owned platforms
- Print scripts for anchors in studio and remotely
- Compile research for anchors, maintaining on-air updates during live program
- Gather information on breaking stories for anchors to relay on air
- Maintain show transcripts and assist with archiving
- Worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at least one year
- Possess excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Avid/Interplay/Premiere and iNews preferred
- Proven ability to work under deadline pressure and breaking news in a collaborative team environment
- Strong sense of newsworthiness, AP-Style and social media best practices
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Washington, DC
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
Salary range: $20.00/hr-$25.00/hr.