As a part of ESPN Next, you will join a cohort of early-career professionals to produce creative content for ESPN shows, live events, and platforms. Production Assistants are provided in-depth training before being placed on an assignment(s). This posting is for a January 2024 Cohort.
Storytelling is at the heart of what we do, and ESPN Next is looking for sports fans who are driven with a passion “To Serve Sports Fans, Anytime, Anywhere.” As a part of ESPN Next, you will join a cohort of early-career professionals to produce creative content for ESPN shows, live events, and platforms. Production Assistants are provided in-depth training before being placed on an assignment(s). This posting is for a January 2024 Cohort.
What is ESPN Next?
- Full-time Production Assistant role built for someone starting a career in content creation
- Begin career as Production Assistant, eligible for promotion to Content Associate 4 times per year
- Produce content for countless ESPN platforms
- Opportunity to enhance career through development courses
As part of ESPN Next, you’re eligible to apply for an internal career accelerator. The ESPN Next Accelerator identifies and propels the top percentile of talent for career advancement across ESPN and The Walt Disney Company. Through its personalized approach, it strives to prepare and equip individuals with the essential tools, skills, and opportunities to excel in their careers and emerge as leaders in their respective departments of interest. ESPN Next Accelerator will provide guidance, resources, and experiences to best prepare those apart of it for the next step in their career.
- Support production and content creation for domestic and international properties for all sports
- Consistently share creative and innovative ideas to contribute to ESPN’s multi-platform storytelling
- Edit video elements and research content for a variety of studio shows/networks
- Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts and/or remote events
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use
- Produce storytelling elements: highlights, teases, opens, and montages for shows and live events
- Support live events by gathering video and sponsorship elements for broadcasts
- Will work nights, mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Standard knowledge of multiple sports, especially sports heavily covered by ESPN
- Ability to comfortably prepare and share ideas
- Must possess professional communication and organization skills
- React quickly and positively while staying composed under tight deadlines in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Self-starting attitude and team-oriented work ethic
- Awareness of ESPN content (i.e. platforms, shows, events, etc.)
- Awareness of media trends (i.e. social, digital, linear, etc.)
- Experience with video editing software (i.e. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut etc.)
- Leadership experience in a professional role, organization, or extra-curricular endeavor
- Knowledge of international sports
- Fluency in Spanish, with the ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Available to work nights, mornings, weekends, and holidays