We are looking for a Production Assistant - Editorial who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
San Francisco Bay Area
Nov 30, 2022
The Production Assistant - Editorial will provide editorial, note taking, and media management support for multiple shows across Lucasfilm Animation Episodic and Franchise content pipelines. Partner with external vendors and provide additional assistance to editors and post production staff.
What you’ll do
- Typing and executing notes during creative and Quality Control review sessions - including exporting EDLs and prepping timecode lists for music spotting and music review sessions.
- Providing backfill assistance to 2nd assistant episodic editors – import and prep dialogue for editors, bring elements into AVID, updating sequences, exporting reference quicktimes, transcoding for vendor or client delivery.
- Maintaining and cataloguing all hardware and software needs in conjunction with our recording studios and external vendors.
- Interface with and confirm receipt of physical and digital assets from recording studios and other vendors.
- Prepping for and assisting in all Quality Control reviews.
- Assists in delivering production media & editorial for post.
- Becoming the point-of-contact for IO support with regards to facilitating uploads and downloads of media.
- Working with editors, technicians, and post managers on media management and archiving assets.
- General editorial, post and technology assistance.
- Working with the post team for special projects, administrative tasks, screenings and awards submissions.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
- Any production or post-production media acquisitions experience (e.g., timecode, logging, capturing).
- 1–2-year experience in a TV/Feature Editorial Capacity.
- Avid Media Composer experience.
- A self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative and confidentiality.
- Flexibility and capability to think on their own within a high-pressure environment.
- A willingness and passion for continuous learning.
- Good administrative skills, proficient with Google Apps, Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment all while meeting strict deadlines.
- This position may require some weekend work as well as the ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires on-site attendance for in-person sessions and reviews.