The Production Assistant will work with the SVP Production to help ensure productions run smoothly and efficiently and are on track to be delivered according to schedule and budget.
London, United Kingdom
Jun 23, 2023
The Production Assistant will work with the SVP Production to help ensure productions run smoothly and efficiently and are on track to be delivered according to schedule and budget. You will assist in all aspects of production: tracking schedules of our feature films & documentaries, exercising & documenting approvals, analysing & comparing budgets in all genres (feature documentary, feature film, live musical, live comedy, TV series, animated), setting up shoot and researching production team talent that may need to be recruited for any given project.
- Maintain and update the central production slate tracker on SharePoint
- Share versions of project ‘cuts’ on our internal secure platform, according to schedule and deadlines
- Collate our internal teams screening notes and feedback on time, according to schedule deadlines
- Read treatments, pitches & scripts and provide feedback notes
- Create & update approval tracker with key elements on each project
- Flag & track upcoming key dates & milestones for each production title, according to schedule
- Analyse production budgets
- Review & compare similar budgets by genre
- Track budget line movement by comparing original budget vs final cost report
- Helping to plan, set-up and facilitate in-house production shoots on set or location, as required, including any associated travel arrangements
- Creating & circulating production paperwork – call-sheets, schedules, health and safety risk assessments, Covid protocols and insurance documents
- Maintain payment tracker by project
- Oversee & brief legal production paperwork
- Assistance executing NBCUniversal vendor set ups, direct payments & third party payroll set-up
- Maintain and update content trackers for app content
- System management of online secure platforms
- Production meeting set up – collate agendas, taking and circulating minutes
- Diarising various cut stages screenings
- Build and complement strong relationships with our production partners
- Maintain and organize the Production SharePoint
- Other duties, as assigned
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about production and have a minimum 2 years working experience in a similar role on Film or Television projects within the entertainment sector.
- Will possess strong organizational and time-management skills, ensuring all administrative tasks are carried out on time, to schedule.
- Key attributes include the ability to pay attention to detail, to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to understand how best to prioritize work and to problem solve – identifying problems if they occur and suggesting solutions, in order to help minimize any disruption to a production.
- Will also be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and able to maintain calm under pressure.
The role will require speaking to a diverse range of people, so the candidate will be comfortable and confident clearly communicating with anyone from NBCUniversal employees to external Talent. It will also require being available to work some flexible hours, on occasional evenings and weekends, around in-house production shoots.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working as a Production Assistant in the entertainment sector
- Strong organisational skills
- Great communication skills
- Strong problem-solving
- Excellent research & presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Looking to progress in a Film & TV role towards PM level