KGWN, Wyoming News Now in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking a hardworking, trustworthy applicant to fill the open position of Production Assistant. Production Assistants are responsible for master control and audio board/floor director operations during newscasts.
Would you like to start your career at an award-winning television station? Our employees contribute to that success on a daily basis. A dedicated group of experienced veterans and young professionals work hard morning, noon and night to bring our community the best quality content possible. KGWN, Wyoming News Now in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking a hardworking, trustworthy applicant to fill the open position of Production Assistant. Production Assistants are responsible for master control and audio board/floor director operations during newscasts.
- Monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station's high standards.
- Building automated playback logs.
- Preparing material for on-air playback via automation system.
- Verify all material airing by referencing timing sheets and dub lists.
- Perform on-air switching for live events.
- Operating recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer-based systems.
- Monitoring transmitter power levels and tower lights to ensure equipment is functioning correctly and meeting FCC regulations.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Audio operator's responsibilities may include -
- Preparation of the audio board and equipment for shows, as well as maintaining the quality of sound throughout the newscast.
- Controlling CGs throughout newscast.
- Audio ops are responsible for checking sound levels on microphones and other audio equipment functionality, including running sound checks and troubleshooting sound equipment.
Other responsibilities may include -
- Assembling, preparing, and setting up equipment and the studio prior to newscasts, which may include, monitors, lighting, cables, mics, and headsets.
- Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems.
- Being prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas.
- Working quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor.
Please note - the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
- Minimum High School Diploma
- TV operation experience a plus but not required
- Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate and technically oriented
- Self-motivated, and a fast learner
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Available shift may include overnights, weekends and holidays