WPBF 25 has an opening for a Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew.
Live Event / On Location Services
West Palm Beach, Florida Area
Dec 16, 2022
This person will be responsible for operating robotic cameras, and teleprompter; and other equipment as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, assisting in master control and other duties as assigned.
• Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
• Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
• Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
• Record and edit weather hits for radio partners.
• Work also includes Adobe editing (non-linear) for news and website content.
• Assist the directors as needed.
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Non-linear editing experience a plus.
• Related military experience will be considered Qualifications Requirements:
• Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Ability to edit is essential.