WOI/KCWI in West Des Moines, Iowa is looking for a part time Production Assistant who understands great production value and teamwork.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Des Moines, Iowa Area
Oct 03, 2022
This person will be performing a variety of technical and support functions in the executions of live newscasts, studio productions, remotes and on-air operations. We are looking for someone who is an innovator and leader. Must be willing to work early morning hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. The successful candidate should be highly reliable and have effective communication skills. The PA position is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in television, video production, journalism and digital content creation.
- Assist with various production elements including preparing cameras, lights, monitors and testing mics/ifbs for live newscasts and studio productions
- Operate audio, graphics, teleprompter
- Edit video
- Various other duties as assigned
- Work or school related experience is helpful
- Computers skills are essential
- Working knowledge of cameras, audio and video editing software is a plus
- Must be dependable, flexible in terms of scheduling, a team player and work well under pressure
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.