Do you love playing with sound and music to add emotional resonance to a piece of audio content? KNKX is seeking a Production and Imaging Director to help us sustain our long tradition of excellence in audio, support our sponsors and help us tell our story to our on-air and online audiences.
Do you love storytelling? Are you passionate about helping people and organizations deliver their messages in a compelling, memorable way? Do you love playing with sound and music to add emotional resonance to a piece of audio content? KNKX is seeking a Production and Imaging Director to help us sustain our long tradition of excellence in audio, support our sponsors and help us tell our story to our on-air and online audiences.
The Production and Imaging Director plays a central role in the sound of the content that is created, and collaborates across many departments, including Music, News, Business Support, Member Services and Traffic. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of brand, identity and promotion – and know how to convey that understanding through sound. The Production and Imaging Director coordinates production for business support (underwriting spots) creating promotions for music and news programming and fund drives.
This is a Monday-Friday position based either out of our Seattle or our Tacoma stations. The Production and Imaging Director also works with the content leadership to define and develop on- and off-air messaging. The position reports to the Director of Content. This position requires SAG-AFTRA membership.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Review and provide language guidance on spots for underwriters, to ensure effective, performant messaging that adheres to FCC standards
- Create and voice programming promotions for on air
- Coordinate legal IDs for the station
- Oversee production for fund drives, including recording testimonials from members and other listeners
- Support the Music and News teams for special projects including shows, specials, podcasts, limited series and more.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of FCC guidelines on internal messaging and promotions, particularly for underwriting
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to collaborate well across departments and work styles
- Experience with digital recording and multi-track editing software and hardware
- Understands and supports the KNKX Mission and Vision Statements, KNKX Principles and Values, and KNKX’s Diversity Statement.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure, make the best use of available resources, attend remote events and respond effectively to diverse and changing circumstances.
- Ability to work with an online content management system.
- At least three years of radio, audio or video production experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- This position requires SAG-AFTRA membership.
- All KNKX employees must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to the job start date.
- Experience as a production manager, imaging director or similar at a commercial or public radio station
- Experience editing audio for broadcast.
- Familiarity with Audiovault (or similar audio playout system) and Adobe Audition (or similar audio recording and editing software)
- Familiarity with the greater Seattle/Tacoma region