The Production Accountant prepares and maintains all cost managers for pilots and series. Position is responsible for the correct allocation of costs, between schedule codes and projects.
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 10, 2022
- Receives and reviews all invoices for productions, matches to purchase orders, ensuring genuine show cost, and maintains compliance with company policy.
- Posts invoices into PSL with schedule code and verifies all production approvals.
- Receives payroll timecards and breakdown hours ensuring compliance with all labor laws noting any penalty costs and overtime.
- Reviews Excel cost manager and process internal recoveries (Shed Internals, Rebel billings) into PSL
- Prepares production accounting reports (Bible hot costs) and recodes costs if necessary.
- Reviews payroll edits to ensure accurate GL coding, correct classification of workers comp and calculation of workers pay.
- Reconciles production AMEX and Mastercard credit cards ensuring all receipts and back up are received and that costs incurred are compliant with company policy and coded to correct schedule code. Post entry into PSL.
- Keeps a schedule of all cash advanced to production personnel and vendor deposits and ensures that it is properly accounted for. Tracks and administers deposit receivables accounts when appropriate.
- Processes all petty cash expenses and ensures all receipts are compliant with company policy and show costs.
- Creates customer invoices to networks and ensures billings are made timely and accurately.
- Monitors and allocates costs that pertain to any network requirements or expenditures (breakage costs, tax incentive costs) during production and post production.
- Monitors and allocates all costs that pertain to any insurance claims incurred. Prepares a complete cost report and supplies all cost backup, including call sheets, production reports, and above-the-line contracts for Financial Managers, Insurance Department and claims adjuster.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three years production accounting, payroll processing and cost reporting experience.
- Location experience would be a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- High school or equivalent and college preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Must be able to create and revise reports on a PC using Excel software.
- Must be able to interpret contracts and deal memos in order to assess validity of costs.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of TV production sufficient to understand costs.
- Must be familiar with foreign currency.
- Must be familiar with preparation of cash flow.
- Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.