At Bleacher Report, you'd be a part of the B/R product team that builds and manages the core content tools that our staff uses and that our existing and new consumer-facing products rely on.
Bleacher Report is seeking a Product Manager I to work on the tools and integrations that support Bleacher Report’s operations. Bleacher Report brings together content from our writers, creators and users and video from sports leagues and posts from social media to create an engaging experience around the great moments in sports. The successful candidate will work on building tools and systems that our staff use to create content for and manage these experiences. The ideal candidate is a sports fanatic who is interested in sports content, conversations and communities. They are early in a product career, wanting to grow their skills and excited to help bring great visions into reality.
At Bleacher Report, you'd be a part of the B/R product team that builds and manages the core content tools that our staff uses and that our existing and new consumer-facing products rely on. As a Product Manager I, you'll begin with leading smaller initiatives to create or extend these tools with guidance from senior teammates. As you develop as a product manager, you'll take on more responsibilities.
This position is a fantastic place to start a Bleacher Report product career as you'll work with many other teams and with highly competent people you can learn from. And you'll work across multiple product initiatives, learning the ins and outs of sports media. It's a great job to have, not just in itself but also for finding your career path.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Keeps up with sports media industry and technology trends.
- Works with internal customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and wants.
- Works with cross-functional teams on developing software:
- Managing product discovery.
- Defining and documenting product strategies and requirements.
- Working closely with development teams to build new product features
- Seeing new features through to completion.
- Helping customers to make use of new tooling and integrations features.
- Having technical and development knowledge and experience is highly desirable. This could include:
- Understanding of how Internet technology works, including HTTP requests, APIs, release cycles, development methodologies.
- Understanding of data and data structures, including SQL, XML, JSON.
- Learns and develops in all aspects of product management, including:
- Discovery, research and analysis.
- Stakeholder management. Empathy with customers.
- Creation and communication of product strategies and requirements.
- Roadmap management and prioritization.
- Product development methods and lifecycle.
Qualifications & Experience...
- 0-3 years experience in product management. Experience in other roles is a plus.
- Experience with consumer-facing experiences such as apps or web sites.
- Experience with business and analysis tools such as Excel, text-editing tools and similar.
- Previous experience with or demonstrated interest in sports media or social media.
- College degree with studies in related fields that could be anything from business to technology and to the liberal arts.