The Producer will be responsible for developing, pitching and producing creative content for The List, a fast-paced, national, daily news-lifestyle pop culture show.
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Mar 06, 2023
Extensive knowledge of current trends in pop culture, lifestyle, consumer, travel, social media is preferred. The producer must have an in-depth understanding of production within an entertainment-news environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Pitch, develop, book, produce and write short form broadcast segments on a weekly basis.
- Work with talent and photographer in the field multiple times a week.
- Responsible for delivering quick-turn, high-priority segments on tight deadlines.
- Copy edit scripts and work with production personnel to collaborate and refine the elements necessary to meet all quality standards and time requirements.
- Work with post editors on final production.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of experience in news and/or entertainment television production with a passion for pop culture, current trends and lifestyle programming.
- Experience producing stories at all stages of development from pitch to air.
- Experience in news and/or entertainment.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Creative track record demonstrated through producing and production projects.
- Strong interviewing and writing skills, the ability to oversee and coordinate all creative elements to support the story including acquiring and clearing footage, scheduling talent, experts, crews and editors.
- Solid experience with writing, booking and story development.
- Ability to implement notes received on scripts and segments.
- Proven time-management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet.