Pittsburgh is a huge sports town. Our community expects the best. And we deliver. KDKA and our CBS properties is looking for our next fulltime Sports Producer.
Are you ready to cover the big leagues? Pittsburgh is a huge sports town. Our community expects the best. And we deliver. KDKA and our CBS properties is looking for our next fulltime Sports Producer. Can you take the lead for daily creation and distribution of sports content? Are you able to work with new and existing talent to create compelling sports segments daily? Applicant should be able to produce, post, write, shoot and edit for sports. Not everything all day – but this is a job that requires flexibility and passion for sports coverage. If this is you…apply now!
- Produce daily sports segments.
- Generate compelling social elements to promote our sports brand daily.
- Shoot, edit, write for sports coverage daily.
- Be a consistent producer of content and be able to have flexibility in scheduling.
- Ability to multi-task and create sports content while tackling constant deadlines.
- Provide leadership and communicate with all the newscast staff on upcoming sports content.
- Excellent broadcast and digital writing skills.
- Ability to understand sports stories, how they impact our community and how to best communicate that with words and visuals
- Able to use and manage multiple resources to produce compelling content including: video, sound, graphics and talent.
- Be a teammate with phenomenal people skills who can take direction from managers and execute the station’s mission for our brand.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree preferred
- At least two years of experience producing sports required
- Familiarity with non-linear editing and playback systems preferred
- Familiarity with social media and how to use it to generate and promote content
- Must be able to work all shifts.