KPIX5/CBS SAN FRANCISCO is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced team of content creators.
Are you able to present and identify the most shareable newsworthy nuggets from broadcast content and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets? Then we are looking for you to join our diverse team of creators!
If you’re a newsroom professional who loves the excitement of early mornings, weekends, and holidays and this sounds like you, please provide work samples for review with your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Translate KPIX/CBSN Bay Area content into shorter social videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok. and YouTube.
- Uses social listening tools to inform social language and imagery choice.
- Produce and edit shareable videos and quote graphics.
- Cover breaking news, with the proven ability to write thoughtful, catchy, and accurate pieces on a variety of topics.
- Write and edit AP style background with news judgment and instincts.
- Research current content strategies used by these platforms and be equipped to build videos, articles, headlines and share language that best plays to each of those platform’s strategies.
- Proactively identify stories, social activity trending online, and how we can use it.
- Create social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand.
- Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications and/or Television/Digital Production preferred.
- 1-2 years of social media or television experience in broadcast/digital newsroom environment.
- Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work.
- Standout colleague to work with a diverse group of people.
- Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices, and analytics.
- Video editing experience.