WGRZ is looking for a creative and dynamic producer to help lead “Most Buffalo,” our community-focused 4pm newscast!
Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
Nov 28, 2022
The ideal candidate knows how to capture the spirit of “the city of good neighbors” and celebrate what makes Buffalo such a great place to live.
Experience producing compelling content for all platforms is a must. This is not your typical newscast. If you’re a dynamic thinker who doesn’t rely on a template to produce your show, we want to hear from you!
- Produce compelling content for ALL of WGRZ’s platforms
- Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Develop and oversee the production of graphics
- Work under tight deadlines
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
- Must have 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- Strong Writer
- Solid News Judgement
- This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.